I’ve always enjoyed baking breads and cooking up yummy things in my kitchen, but the quarantine has provided the perfect opportunity to hone my skills.
There is just something about delicious bread that I can’t get enough of and this apple cinnamon bread is no exception. Because I’m one who usually skips the story to get to the recipe, I’ll not spend time explaining why my family devours this loaf in a day and go ahead and let you judge for yourself.
Note: You’ll want to save this one.
Apple Cinnamon Bread
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a loaf pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
4 medium apples, peeled, cored, diced
2 TBSP butter
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 cup brown sugar
2/3 cup granulated sugar
4 tsp softened butter
2 large eggs
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup milk
1 cup powdered sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp milk
1. Cook apples and cinnamon with 2 tbsp butter in skillet until tender. Set aside.
2. In small bowl, sift together all dry ingredients.
3. In large bowl, mix eggs, milk, vanilla, milk and mix until blended.
4. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix until combined.
5. Add 1/2 of the batter to loaf pan. Add 1/2 of the apple mixture. Add remaining batter. Add remaining apple mixture. Press into batter slightly.
6. Bake 45 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool on rack about 10 minutes.
7. In a small bowl, whisk powdered sugar, vanilla extract, and milk until well blended. Drizzle over loaf and allow to set about 10 minutes.